Sunday, March 29, 2009

An afternoon in the SKY

Pete and I have had a wonderful weekend spent together (a rarity in our lives currently)! Saturday was filled with flight cancellations, which led to a full day of resting with one another. I was pretty sad that Pete didn't get to fly with his students, but think it was the Lord's way of making sure we make time for each other during our full weeks. Pete is such an amazing flight instructor, always wanting the best for his students and making sure that they do well. I appreciate this about him.
Today, Pete had some flight time saved up that he needed to use to stay current, so I got to don my headset and tag along. We flew for about an hour, looking over East Texas and checking out the local lakes, "piney woods," and LETU from the air. I even got to fly a bit. I am currently learning to fly straight and level and do turns (with rudder and aileron). It's so much fun being in the cockpit with Pete! He has such a passion and talent for flying and teaching. The Lord is equipping him for great things!

We have another full week ahead of us. Pete will be flying with students (weather permitting) and trudging his way through another week of classes and labs. I will be hosting a UIL Competition on campus tomorrow and a small version of a preview on Friday. It should prove to be a good, productive week for both of us. We are blessed beyond words and grateful for our time at LeTourneau and all the Lord is teaching us in this season.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment