Monday, March 28, 2011

2 months

A not-so-average Monday - instead of waking to feed Cade, get him and I ready, and head to work, today, I was able to spend the morning with our son! Today was Cade's 2 month check-up. Baby in tow, Pete and I drove to Cade's pediatrician. Upon our arrival, Dr. Hunter noticed Cade's striking resemblance to his daddy. This has been a constant since he was born. I must say, I am pleased he looks so much like Pete and love that he has his own little quirks, too. We listened as she gave his new height, weight, and head circumference information. He now weighs 12 lbs and is 23 1/2 inches long. Today was also shot day - screaming (and holding his breath), Cade took his shots like a little champion and I (drum roll please) didn't cry as he was receiving them!

Our growing Cade-man has some amazing quirks and other cute attributes that I would like to share (proud mom moment begins):
1. He snorts like a pig and makes a fun open-mouth face when hungry. The snorting he gets from me and the amazing appetite he gets honest from both Pete and I!
2. He can hold his head up. Not for very long or all too steady, but he holds it up none-the-less.
3. He can focus on objects and likes to look at me - woohoo!
4. He smiles - my favorite smiles are what we call 'smile-kisses' where I kiss his little cheeks and he smiles in response. I know - your heart is melting now! Mine does everytime I give him a 'smile-kiss'.
5. He makes adorable little noises. Some might call them "coo's". Again, my heart melts when I hear them and see a smile come upon our little man's face!
6. He likes to play "where's Cade?" Also known as "peek-a-boo", this fun game keeps him entertained for quite a while and gets those beloved smiles as well.
7. He loves the Ash's - the amazing family who keeps him during the day while I am at work. The younger kids like to play with him and his toys and Megan, their oldest, feeds him and cares for him in such a loving way, I couldn't be happier!
8. He loves snuggles with both Pete and I.

We are one VERY happy family. Here are some pictures - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment